With 2016 elections less than a week away, this is your look at how local races treat environmental issues. Below you’ll find candidates in categories by the seat they seek. While we understand that early voting has been strong in Monroe County, we want to ensure that local candidates stances on environmental issues are well known.
- Commissioner District 2
- Commissioner District 3
- Amanda Barge states that one of her three tenants is to support “progressive governance that protects our environment, the character of our county, and our water supply” at https://amandabargeforcountycommissioner.wordpress.com/home/
- Paul White shares no environmental policies at https://www.facebook.com/MonroeCountyneedsPaulWhite.
- Indiana House District 46
- Bill Breeden Campaign support protection of State Forests at http://www.billbreeden.com/?p=967.
- Bob Heaton shares no environmental policies.
- Indiana House District 60
- Indiana House District 61
- Indiana House District 62
- Indiana Senate District 40
- Mark Stoops shares no environmental policies at https://www.facebook.com/SenatorMarkStoops
- Indiana Senate District 44
- County Council At-Large
- Geoff McKim shares no environmental policies at https://www.facebook.com/Geoff-McKim-for-Monroe-County-Council-34261005455/
- Lee Jones shares no environmental policies at https://www.facebook.com/Lee-Jones-for-Monroe-County-Council-272692036175962/info
- Cheryl Munson shares no environmental policies at http://www.cherylmunson.us/
- Hal Turner shares no environmental policies at http://www.ht4mcc.org
There is a Referendum Question on hunting and we recommend you listen to the October 21st taping of Noon Edition before you step into the voting booth.